First project is finished. Yeah!
It took some time as I kept starting a new project every time I got a new idea. So at the moment I’ve got I don’t know how many sewing projects lying around – at least 30 I think…probably more than that..
BUT – for this one – as it goes I’m pretty happy with it. Not completely satisfied though but then again – is there actually a time when a perfectionist is perfectly happy about something they’ve made…not in my tiny corner of the world.
So I guess I’ll settle for pretty ok with the thing. I really need a dressform very soon. Sorry about the poor quality – the lighting really doesn’t do anything good for the dress or the fabric which is rather sweet – oilclothy or not.
To make up for the lack for perfection it is quite cute. I so liked the print until someone said it looked like oilcloth for a summer table, which meant I had to put it away until that image got out of my head again. I do see what she meant, but still…anyways cutting out and putting together in a more attractive siluette than the porch table took care of that image.
Uh, close-up of my imperfections….trying times…
It is also very girly – only time can tell if i can stomach all the girlyness. ‘Cause even though I love dresses – and more or less never wears anything but dresses I usually tend to choose more neutral – more classic fabrics. But for the past year or so something adventourous have sort of gotten hold of me. Don’t think my closet has ever been this colourful…I’ve even got white in there. Scary stuff – now I just need to learn how to wear white
I based the dress on McCalls pattern no. 5292. A cute, simle dress – great summer-dress – depending on coice of fabric it could be both for going out and everyday se. And it really was easy stitch’n’save as promised – all of it very straight forward – with a good fit. For once I hardly had to make any alterations at all.
To even out some of the girlyness I desided not to put the bow on…It might seem like a small thing – but bows go a looong way…